Sunday, March 31, 2013

In the Kitchen: Just Havin' Fun



Between Heaven and Hell, 1989 by Jacek Yerka 

Between chaos and inevitable peace
I take eggs and ham for us each
for our Sunday Easter break fast,
A stirring that should not hamper
my making a delicious repast.

The pastoral view on my left

keeps me grounded, while the cleft
of dark clouds from the scorched earth
on my right wonders if it's worth
my frantic search for an inbetween.

I'd rather look through the clear window

than step through that yawning space so near
to my back door. I think I'll have to stay in,
between heaven hell, in my own kitsch in.

-Gerry@Strummed Words

 Visit Magpie Tales for more poetry and prose using the picture prompt.

10 comments:

R. Burnett Baker said...

Love how you remind us that we have choices, not only with our actions, but with attitude!

Helen said...

Kitsch is quite brilliant I must say!

Jinksy said...

Love your one liner at the end :)

Kathe W. said...

this is great! well done- and I too love that last line!

Helena said...

Inbetween is always a bugger. I really liked this.

Little Nell said...

I never thought of kitsch as safe before; I'll have to have a re-think! Clever play on words and a masterstroke the the end.

Silent Otto said...

Say hello to Kansas for me Dorothea !, delightful and enjoyable

~T~ said...

Some might deem chaos as more inevitable. I like your focus on peace, and the safety of being at home.

Tumblewords: said...

Stellar choice of word usage. A provocative read well written.

Tess Kincaid said...

Oh I'm ready for breakfast now...

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape